This is my beautiful guest from Wednesday who received my first hyaluronic acid hair treatment. She loved it and told me it feels nice and silky. #winning
Currently we're prepping her hair, getting it nice and healthy, so we can get her to her end goal which is longer and MORE BLONDE.
I use the term "we" because this is a team effort. I give you my best: coloring, cutting, styling, treatments, product recommendations, AND in turn you must continue to give your hair YOUR best until we meet again.
You might be asking yourself what that means. Well...
- Wait 72 hours after a color service to wash your hair.
- Invest in a good dry shampoo. I LOVE Design Me's Quickie Me Dry Shampoo Foam- Don't be scared of the foam, It's a game changer.
- When the time does come to cleanse your beautiful locks, use good quality, color safe shampoo and conditioner. I prefer Olaplex Step 4 and 8. You can not maintain a $200-$300 color with $5 shampoo. It just doesn't work like that.
- Use cool water to rinse when shampooing and conditioning. I know this sucks. I like to take showers that feel like satan himself is heating the water, but this will TEAR UP YOUR HAIR not to mention fade your color. So ,don't do it.
- STOP WASHING YOUR HAIR EVERYDAY. Who want's to do this anyway?
- DO NOT OVER USE PURPLE SHAMPOO. This can actually dry your hair out and pull out your toner. IF you must, mix your purple shampoo with a WHITE conditioner or just get a purple conditioner.
- Always put a good heat protector in your hair before your blow dry. I like to cocktail Olaplex Step 6 with Step 7. This calms down frizz, drying time and protects from heat.
- TURN DOWN YOUR HOT TOOLS- Hot tools such as curling irons, wands, flat irons, etc can get too hot. I prefer tools that have a temperature gauge so I can control the amount of heat I need. If the tool is too hot, aside from damaging and burning your hair it can also fade your color with a quickness.
I could keep going but I think I'll save all the EXTRA tips for another day.
Until then start with what I mentioned above. I would bet money that if you started doing everything I listed you would see an almost immediate change in your hair.
Take care lovelies!
Got questions? Leave me a comment. I love to chat.